Blackberry Mint Limeade
What's better than a refreshing glass of lemonade on a hot summer day? Limeade with a twist!
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 12-15 mint leaves plus extra for garnishing
- 5 tbsp white sugar
- 1.5 cups water, divided
- Juice of 1-2 limes as per taste
- In a pot, bring blackberries, mint leaves, sugar & 1 cup water to a boil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and the blackberries start to break apart. Using a wooden spoon smash the blackberries & mint and let it cool. Strain it discarding the solids.
- To it add remaining ½ cup water & lime juice. If you feel lot of more water evaporated during cooking, you can little more water.
- Stir it all around and taste for sweetness & tang.
- At this point, if you want, you can cover it and let it chill in refrigerator.
- Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnish with some fresh mint leaves and lime slices.