California Rainbow Veggie Sub with Goddess Dressing + Chipotle BBQ Ranch Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale, leaves torn or roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo, chopped (just 1 chile not the whole can!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 anchovy filet (optional, omit if vegan)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (omit or use vegan may id vegan)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber or zucchini, sliced thinly
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/2 of each of a red + orange bell pepper
- 2 carrots, shaved or sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups fresh sprouts
- 4 ounces goat cheese (omit if vegan)
- 1 large sourdough baguette, sliced into fourths and halved
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, chipotle chile, garlic, parsley, dill, chives, salt and pepper. Add the kale and massage for a good minute or two until the kale is completely coated in the olive oil mixture. Spread on a greased baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes. Toss well and roast for 5-10 minutes more, until slightly crispy but not burnt.
In a blender or high powered food processor, combine the basil, green onions, jalapeno, garlic, anchovy (if using), lemon juice, greek yogurt and olive oil. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce is green and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust if needed. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Add the tomatoes to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the goddess dressing and let sit 10 minutes.
Spread more dressing on a split sourdough loaf. Add a little crumbled goat cheese. Now layer on the veggies, lightly salting each as you go, starting with the marinated tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumbers (or zucchini), radishes, bell peppers, carrots avocado, sprouts and kale chips. Add the top half of the baguette and give the sandwich a good smush.