Farmers Market Feta Bruschetta
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 small zucchini, diced in ¼inch pieces
- 1 medium diced bell pepper, about 1 cup (I like to use several different colored peppers but if you just have one, it's fine.)
- 1 cup diced red onion, (about ¼-inch dice)
- 4 medium scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- fine zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup diced feta
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wrap each ear of corn in plastic wrap and place in microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before unwrapping. Slice corn from cob.
- Place corn, zucchini, pepper, green onions and lemon zest in a medium size bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir again.
- Add Feta and thyme leaves, reserving 1 tablespoon of thyme for garnish. Stir gently.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with reserved thyme and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with crostini or pita chips.