Grilled Stone Fruit with Almond Mascarpone Dip
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- assorted stone fruit: peaches, plums, apricots, and pluots
- In a small bowl, stir together the mascarpone, almond extract and 2 tablespoons of the honey. Scoop into a serving bowl.
- In a small skillet, add the sliced almonds and granulated sugar. Cook over medium heat until the sugar caramelizes and the almonds clump together. Scrape the sticky mixture onto a non-stick sheet of parchment paper and let cool. Break into pieces when cool.
- Meanwhile, slice the stone fruits in half, and pre-heat a grill or grill pan to high. Place the fruit cut-side down in a non-stick grill pan. If you're using a regular grill, place a sheet of non-stick foil on the surface of the grates before grilling the fruit.
- Grill on each side until nice grill marks appear, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Move the fruit to a serving platter, place the dip on the plate, sprinkle with almonds and extra honey.