Red Pepper and Spinach Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 3 cups organic sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed; +/- 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup organic onion (diced; +/- 1/2 of a large onion)
- 1/2 cup organic red bell pepper (diced; +/- 1 bell pepper)
- 1 cup organic baby spinach (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, diced onions, crushed garlic, Himalayan pink salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and extra-virgin olive oil to a skillet and saute' on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Adjust seasonings to your preference. Add the diced red bell peppers, chopped spinach and chia seeds and gently toss for about 1 minute, or just long enough for the spinach to wilt.
- Remove from heat, garnish with fresh chopped spinach and serve.