Skillet Peach Cobbler
- YIELD: Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/2 cups crème fraîche, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 pounds peeled, pitted peaches, each cut into 1/2" wedges (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup Lord Grey's Peach Preserves
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, 1/2 cup crème fraîche, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; whisk until smooth. Melt butter in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat. Swirl pan to coat with butter. Remove from heat.
- Add batter to pan. Scatter fresh peaches over, then spoon dollops of preserves evenly over batter. Bake until a tester inserted into center of cobbler comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let cool slightly. Meanwhile, whip cream in a medium bowl to form soft peaks. Fold in sugar and remaining 1 cup crème fraîche. Cut cobbler into wedges and serve with whipped cream mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.com.