Tomato, Onion and Roasted Lemon Salad
- 1 lemon, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed small tomatoes, such as Sun Gold, cherry, or heirloom, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn if large
- 1/4 cup purple sprouts or microgreens (optional)
Pomegranate molasses is available at Middle Eastern markets and some grocery stores, and online.
Preheat oven to 325°. Cook lemon slices in a medium saucepan of boiling water 2 minutes to remove bitterness. Drain and pat dry.
Gently toss lemon slices with sage, sugar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until lemons are no longer wet and only slightly colored, 15–20 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk pomegranate molasses, allspice, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add lemons, tomatoes, onion, parsley, mint, and sprouts, if using, and toss gently; season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of epicurious.com.