Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Basil Cream
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 ripe large avocado
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 5 large basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 10 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- Spiralize the zucchini or make noodles with a mandoline or vegetable peeler.
- Combine the avocado, lemon juice, tahini, 5 basil leaves and salt in a small food processor. Pulse until combined. If it’s too thick and not moving well add water by the tablespoon (I used 1 tablespoon in mine) and process again until you have a creamy sauce. Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Toss the noodles with 1/2 of the cream sauce until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes and basil and toss again.
- Serve in two pasta bowls and sprinkle with hemp hearts.
- Season with a little more salt as needed.
- Extra cream sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.