About Foxtail Bakeshop
At Foxtail Bakeshop, We use only the finest ingredients in everything we make.
- Our cakes are made from scratch using freshly milled flour, buttermilk and farm fresh eggs.
- We make an Italian style butter cream using farm fresh egg whites, local or organic sweet cream, Tahitian vanilla beans, singing dog vanilla extract, and homemade fruit jams.
- We strive to continue the relationships we have and are building with local farmers from Central Oregon and Portland Oregon.
- We make all of our fondant, marzipan and gum paste in house. We don’t like the artificial fondant so why not make it from scratch knowing exactly what is put into it. Also we do not do a marshmallow fondant due to not knowing what is in name brand marshmallows. (No Corn Syrup)
- We use 79% coverture for our ganache, chocolate finish’s, mousses and cocoa powder.
- We will never use box cake mix!
- We love going to Hood River and Sauvé Island to hand pick all the local fruit they have to offer, so that the fruit in your cake will taste like it was just picked. We also strive to go to farmers market when possible.
- Our desserts contain no preservatives or artificial flavorings.
Why strive for this? We think real, local and organic ingredients taste better. It is better for the earth and we need to support our local community!