There are probably a lot of us who wonder if acupuncture really works. Studies show that acupuncture certainly does work for some ailments. Generally, it can treat the following:
- Chronic pain. Acupuncture can provide pain relief for chronic pains such as lower back pains and migraines. Not only does acupuncture cause the body to release natural pain killers, it can also change a patient’s perception of the pain, thereby relieving their symptoms.
- Stress and anxiety. Acupuncture treatments geared toward different parts of the body can relieve different types of stress. For example, if a patient complains of palpitations and is upset and unhappy, the acupuncturist will target trigger points that help the heart. Every organ has corresponding signs and symptoms.
- Radiation side effects. Several studies have found that people undergoing radiation treatment perceived fewer negative side effects of radiation when they also received acupuncture therapy, even though the side effects may still be there. The acupuncture may not alleviate symptoms, but it can help improve patients’ quality of life after treatment.
- Infertility. Acupuncture can be used in conjunction with medical care to help women dealing with infertility, depending on the presumed causes. Women who undergo in vitro fertilization (IVF) are often administered acupuncture as well, because it decreases uterine contractions (which cause the IVF to fail), and it can also increase blood flow, which may help the embryo take.
- Overall health and wellness. Acupuncture boosts your immune system and it also gives you a sense of wellness, and it can help during stressful times.
For more information about acupuncture, check out this article. This second article may also be helpful. When Shevlin Health & Wellness Center opens, Mountain View Acupuncture will be opening in one of their buildings, so if you’re interested in getting acupuncture treatment, pay them a visit! Special thanks to Shevlin Health & Wellness Center for presenting this handy tip!